1) Fold a preliminary base.
2) Squash fold.
3) Repeat step 2 on the other 3 flaps.
4) Petal fold. Repeat on the two sides and the rear.
5) Valley fold the point down. Repeat on the two sides, but not on the rear.
6) Mountain fold the point inside (spreading the lower points a bit will help with this fold). Repeat on the two sides.
7) Reverse fold the top two points to the sides along the dotted lines.
8) Turn model over.
9) Valley fold the top flap on the left over to the right.
10) Valley fold the edges to the center.
11) Valley fold the flap back to the left.
12) Repeat steps 9 through 11 on the right.
13) Reverse fold where shown.
14) Valley fold the top point down to the tip of the flap.
15) Valley fold the point up as shown.
16) Valley fold the model in half, being careful not to tear the paper at the head, and rotate.
17) Crimp fold the wings. The middle crimp is halfway between the top crimp and the wingtip. The bottom crimp is halfway between the middle crimp and the wingtip.
18) Crimp fold the head.
19) Fold the wings and tailfeathers up to the sides.
Back to Diagrams