Using the HD Options In Window Movie Maker 6.0
Some people have had trouble getting the HD profiles to work. Assuming you've followed my instructions about placing the Profiles folder into Movie Maker's Shared folder (and you're not running XP, Vista, or Windows 7 Starter/Home Basic), let me show you how I find the HD options in my WMM6 for Windows 7:
1. To find the HD options, I start by (1) saving my project and then (2) publishing the movie.
2. I choose to save the movie to my computer.
3. I create a title, choose where I want to save, and then click on "Next".
4. I choose "More settings" rather than the default "Best quality...".
5. I click on the triangle...
6. ... and the 4 HD options are at the bottom. The first and third are for 16x9 graphics, and the second and fourth are for 4x3 graphics.
WARNING! If your original photos or videos were not shot in HD, then these settings won't work. Normally speaking, you can downscale but you can't upscale.
7. For my sample movie, I choose the (16x9) 1280x720 format and click on "Publish".
I hope this helps. If not, I'm probably not tech-savvy enough to help you! :-(