Contact Us

Cochrane Heights

View Ridge Estates

Sunterra Ridge Estates

Community Resources

Neighbourhood News


Meet Your Neighbour






  Cochrane Arena

                Arena Schedule

The Cochrane Arena celebrated its grand opening in 1976. Since that time, the building has been in continuous use as an ice arena and facility for dry floor events. The arena features NHL regulation size ice (200' x 85') and seats 1000 spectators. Over the past two years, the arena has undergone extensive renovations.  1.3 million dollars was spent in various upgrades and renovations which means that thirty years later, the Cochrane Arena is still a thriving 'hub' to local hockey teams, and other recreational organizations.



Neighbourhood Community Schools 

Rockyview School Division # 41


Elementary School (Grades ECS-4)

Website: www.rockyview.ab.ca/barrett

École Elizabeth Barrett School

 Principal: TBA

Address:  605 4th Avenue North

              Cochrane, AB T4C-1Y5

Phone:     (403) 932-2215

                                                                                                           Email: ebarrett@rockyview.ab.ca



Middle School (Grade 5-8)

Website: www.rockyview.ab.ca/manachaban

École Manachaban Middle School

Principal: Craig Schwesinger

Address:  724 Chiniki Drive

              Cochrane, AB T4C-1Y4

Phone:     (403) 932-2215

Email: manachbn@rockyview.ab.ca






High School (Grade 9-12)

Website: www.rockyview.ab.ca/cochrane/

Cochrane High School

Principal: Mr. Chris Lees

Address:  529 4th Avenue North

              Cochrane, AB T4C-1Y6

 Phone:     (403) 932-2542

Email: cochrane@rockyview.ab.ca





Neighboring Parks & Trails

W.D. Kerfoot Park

W.D. Kerfoot Park is located just south of Manachaban School in the community of the Cochrane Heights.

  The park is named after pioneer William Duncan Kerfoot who was born in Virginia, U.S.A. in 1856.   In 1885, near Calgary, he married Adrianna Bell-Irving, who was born in Scotland in 1862.. They had six children. William Kerfoot served as resident manager at the Cochrane Ranch from 1883. He later homesteaded in Grand Valley, northwest of Cochrane.  William Kerfoot died at Calgary in 1908.



C.W. Fisher Park

C.W. Fisher Park is located on Sunterra Boulevard in the heart of the community of Sunterra Ridge Estates. 

The park is named after  Charles Fisher, the town's leading merchant (who came from Ontario in 1899). He owned the Merino Ranch and was elected to the Alberta Legislature in 1906 to become the First Speaker of the House. He held that position until 1919, when he died in the great Spanish Influenza epidemic. He married a niece of the Carling brewery family in 1907, promising her a castle in Cochrane. His magnificent country mansion overlooks Big Hill Creek, and was the center of social activities and lavish entertainment. In 1931 it became the Just Home Guest Ranch owned by the McConachie Family, until it was acquired by the Franciscans. 



Cochrane Ranche
Man with a Vision Statue at the Cochrane 
Ranche, and Visitor Centre (403) 932-3242

The communities of Cochrane Heights, View Ridge Estates and Sunterra Ridge Estates all overlook this 60 hectare park known as 'The Cochrane Ranche'. 

There is a visitor center and museum where Senator Matthew Cochrane began his ranching operation in 1881. A large bronze statue, "Men of Vision" overlooks the grounds with walking trails, and picnic grounds. 





Mt. St. Francis Retreat
P.O. Box 430
Cochrane, AB
T4C 1A6  

Phone: (403) 932-2012

Mt. St. Francis Retreat begins at the North East  perimeter of Sunterra Ridge Estates. 

The area was originally owned by Mr. Charles Wellington Fisher who purchased the land in 1907 and built the original sandstone house in 1908 which, today, still makes up part of the retreat center. Mr. Fisher's Family occupied the home until 1931, when it was sold to the McConachie family, and became the "Just Home Guest Ranch." Subsequently, on March 10, 1949, the Franciscans purchased the property in part while Mr. Clair J. Cote purchased the rest to then donate it very generously to the Franciscans. The Friars built the first retreat ant wing and on August 15, 1949 gave their first retreat to the clergy. There are numerous pathways and lush brush ideal for nature walks and reflection.


Send mail to webmaster@srchca.ca with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: August 05, 2006