CONCEPT BY CELIA BARON, KEVIN ROWAN AND RON BLOND
HOW TO USE THIS APPLET
The graph area
- Drag the ( ) location on the unit circle to create a path along the unit circle counter-clockwise from the initial location of ( 1, 0 ). This path has an arclength of theta.
- Use the " 4 ", " 8 ", " 12 ", " 24 ", buttons to change the number of exact divisions of the unit circle.
- Use the "EXACT" button to restrict the position of the movable location ( ) to exact divisions along the unit circle.
- Use the "APPROXIMATE" button to allow the position of the movable location ( ) to be unrestricted along the unit circle.
- When using "APPROXIMATE" mode, it is probably best to look at the four part unit circle.
GO TO PREVIOUS PAGE