Connecting the neighbours
Why Max Nikpay as Councillor
Many people think that the only way to get experience is through a 9-to-5 paid job. In fact, there are other approaches that one can take such as internships, volunteering, or part-time jobs in a field of interest. All of these have allowed me to build communication, time management, organizational, and networking skills. In addition to that, academic activities including classes, research papers, projects, seminars, presentations, and labs have helped me to build many technical and transferable skills in my field.
Combining lifelong experience with higher education always creates an incredible situation for one to use his knowledge and insight to listen to people and provide them with excellent solutions. I believe I am in such a position that I can use my knowledge and insight to help West Vancouver residents and to create a progressive condition in our community.
Please vote for Max Nikpay. The West Vancouver City Council Election is on Saturday November 19, 2011, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Have lived in West Vancouver (British Properties) for well over two decades.
My Business Experience
- Mechanized Agriculture
- Marketing , Board of Electricity
- Military Service, G1 personal
- Retail Banking
- Master of Library and Information Studies, The University of British Columbia 2009
- Post Baccalaureate Diploma, Political Science, Simon Fraser University 2005
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Simon Fraser University 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, History, Simon Fraser University, 1999
- Associate of Arts, Political Science Langara College, 1997
- Certificate Diploma, Mechanical Drafting, British Columbia Institute of Technology, 1994
My Community Services
- British Properties Area Homeowners Association, President, 2008- 2010. and 2011-2012
- Block-Watch Captain
- Stream-keeper Volunteer
- Friends of the Library
- Memorial Library Volunteer Program