A little over a year ago, I was made aware of my music being played on the radio station CFRC in Kingston, Ontario. The DJ responsible for programming my music was the enigmatic KL Sealegs on an experimental/electronic program called Below The Decks.
I contacted her, expressing my thanks for airplay and started listening to her program regularly via the online archives.
A few months later, she modestly (and apologetically) played one of her own compositions "Train" on the show. I asked if she would be willing to collect her soundworks into a compilation album for release on Happy Puppy, and what you have here is the result. She writes: "This collection is a comprehensive but by no means exhaustive hodge-podge of field recordings, found sounds, and analog synthesizers captured and edited in various contexts over the past 10 years."
In conjunction with this release, I'm releasing a four-song album of music composed exclusively for the Below The Decks program. All proceeds will be donated to CFRC and it's available only at Bandcamp.
Tracks: (320 kbps)
1. Whoa (4:07) - recorded in Kingston, ON in October, 2011. Originally released on the "Kingston Sonic Expeditionaries" compilation in November, 2011.
2. Dingo (2:33) - recorded in Kingston, ON in September, 2010.
3. Train (7:11) - recorded in Dominion City, MB in August, 2007.
4. Niagara (11:40) - excerpt of a live performance recorded by Jeffrey Sinibaldi at Mahtay in St. Catharines, ON in March, 2014.
5. Moss (18:50) - live performance recorded by Michael Lynn at ArraySpace in Toronto, ON in March, 2014.
6. Time Tells You (10:35) - recorded at various locations in the summer of 2003. Originally released on the "Deep Wireless 1: Radio Art" compilation in May, 2004.
7. Free Yogurt (edit) (24:13) - recorded in Kingston, ON in October, 2013. Conversation with Scott Stevens; double-bass by David Parker. Originally broadcast on the Radia network in October, 2013.
released January 6, 2015