The Articles Page
Another Point of View on Assaults
Assault on a Fortified Position
- Long Time Panzer Campaign Player Mike Bowen while agreeing with Rick Brancroft adds his own points in this strategy Article.
Computer Gaming World interviews John "The Iron Man" Tiller!
- Expert Playtester and long time fan of the Panzer Campaigns Series illustrates this tactic using Rzhev '42 and Korea '85.
Panzer Campaign Scenario Design Summary Page
- Dec 2002 CGW's Interview with John Tiller - the only uncut edition
Middle East '67 vs. Divided Ground
- Dave "Blackie" Blackburn, Master PzC\MC Scenario Designer has over time created three articles summarizing everything you every wanted to know about designing scenarios for these games. Check out this link which will lead you to all three articles!
Bulge '44 - Testing and Tactics
- Written by Thomas Wulfes, this is a great comparision of the Game we created as compared to the illfated Talonsoft game.
A Brief History of the Modern Middle East Wars
- James Brammer, a new member of the Playtest team writes an insightful article on Testing and Tactics in Bulge '44. Not everything goes perfect during a test and Jim has a way of bringing out the best and seeing things on the light side too.
Middle East '67 AAR - Scenario: '73-4: Chinese Farm
- Written by Jim Cobb, a well known and respected PC Writer and Game reviewer, this article originally appeared as the introduction for game review of another game on this war. It is the best example I've seen of telling the history of the conflict in a short form.
What are Panzer Campaigns?
Radio Controlled Panzers in Normandy '44
- This is a first class, blow by blow After Action Report by Philip Jarrett, played as Isreali Human vs. the Arab AI in this well known battle to win the Yom Kippur War.
John Tiller on Panzer Campaigns Improvements
- This is an excellent write up on the radio controlled Panzers by Kevin Peltz that was discussed for a time on theblitz.org dicussion page.
Speeding up the AI Player in any HPS \ John Tiller Game
- In the time since the release of Panzer Campaigns #1 - Smolensk '41, the Panzer Campaigns Series has come a long way. In this write up, John Tiller discusses changes in the system up to the release of Panzer Campaigns #5.
Explicit Supply and the Evolution of Panzer Campaigns Supply Model
- I always forget the Hot Keys to Speed up Panzer Campaigns AI play, so I put together this little article for my own reference and thought you guys might enjoy it.
After Action Report on Tobruk '41
- an article that discusses all the changes made by John Tiller to the Panzer Campaigns Supply model, with emphasis on the description of the NEW Explicit Supply.
Playtesting Panzer Campaigns
- An AAR by Philip Jarrett on the Mersa el Brega Scenario.
Optional Rules In Panzer Campaigns
- A "straight from the heart" shot from rookie Playtester Mike Ozga, about his experience testing PzC#4.
Scenario Design 101 - "Let's Build a Simple Scenario"
- An excellent discussion of the effects of each Optional Rule in the Panzer Campaigns Series by Jarrel Crider of theblitz.org
Doing 3D Unit Counter in Panzer Campaigns
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Panzer Campaign Players