World at War assumes that a global war is about to break out on the planet
(similar to WWII on Earth) and each player is in charge of one of the countries.
This is a strategic level game, with the map consisting of irregular shaped
areas, turns being 2-3 months, land units being mostly divisions, air units are
squadrons and naval units are groups of ships.
Some of the items in the game include:
- different types of resources (food, fuel, hmetal, lmetal, credits and
production) required to build units.
- air units have to fly out of airbases to do a mission and return
to base after the mission
- 10 types of land units (HQ Arm Mech Inf Par Mar Stc AT Art AA)
- 6 type of air units (Ftr LB MB HB ATrn)
- 6 type of naval units (CFlt HFlt LFlt Sub NATr NTrn)
- technology gains can be made in each type of unit
- units use up supply to do a mission
- limited intelligence
- world market to buy and sell resources
- diplomacy with neutral areas
- unlimited number of commands and unlimited number of units in an area
- WW Training
Is a game with just 1 player in it, everything else is controlled by the computer,
and turns run only when the player gets a turn in. All new players must play in a training game.
- WW Team Game
Is a two sided game with 1 to 10 players a side.
- WW Head to Head
The head to head variant is a 2-player version in which turns run as soon as both
players have submitted orders.
- WW Basic
Is a version of the game without supplies, FD, FL, LM, HM, airbases and ports. Currently no