THE UNITED EMPIRE LOYALISTS' ASSOCIATION of CANADA
Our Mission Statement
To raise awareness, in Northern Alberta, of Loyalist History.
Mark Your Calendar
The UEL Edmonton Branch Annual General Meeting will be held on February 8, 2014, from 1:30 - 3:00 PM at First Presbyterian Church, 10025 105 St.
Your attendance matters as we review the past year and plan the coming year. There are several positions which are vacant. If you are interested in serving on the Executive, please email UEL.Edmonton@gmail.com or download the Nomination Form.
The meeting will be 1 hour followed by a potluck desert and War of 1812 Presentation.
Membership Application and Newsletter
2014 Membership Application. Membership year starts January 1.
Download the latest issues of Loyalist Northern
Lights, the newsletter of the Edmonton Branch of the United Empire
Loyalists' Association of Canada:
Edmonton Branch keeps copies of documentation, the originals of which
are on file in the Dominion Office. Much of this material relates to
certification "proofs" linking member applicants to their Loyalist
Ancestors. Additional material may also be held which the Branch
Genealogist has not sent to Dominion Office but which may be quite
helpful to members researching specific surnames.
- Loyalist Ancestors of Edmonton Branch members who have received their
Proven UEL ancestors.
- Loyalist Ancestors or possible Ancestors of Edmonton Branch members who have not yet received their Certificates and are presently researching:
Unproven UEL ancestors
Edmonton Branch Executive:
- President  –  Len Thornton
- Vice-President  –  Vacant
- Past President  –  Al Dodd
- Secretary  –  Valerie Thornton
- Treasurer  –  Martie Workman UE
- Genealogist  –  Dave Rolls UE
- Membership Co-Chairs  –  Earle Fladager & Betty Fladager UE
- Loyalist Gazette Liason  –  Valerie Thornton
- Flag Bearer  –  Cal Chisholm UE
- Webmaster  –  Len Thornton
- Newsletter Editor  –  Valerie Thornton
- Children Education Co-ordinator  –  Zoe Thornton, Len Thornton, Valerie Thornton
1. Loyalist Links
- UEL Association - National Headquarters –
"The United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada is an organization
dedicated to enriching the lives of Canadians through knowledge of the
past, in particular the history of the United Empire Loyalists and their
contribution to the development of Canada."
- Governor General of Canada –
From Wikipedia, this page gives a historical look at the position of
Governor General of Canada.
- Monarchy of Canada –
From Wikipedia, this page describes the Monarchy of Canada.
- Olive Tree Loyalist Information –
"Find ancestors and family origins in
free Ships Passenger lists, images of ships passenger list manifests,
Orphan records, Almshouse records, Ancestor photos, Census substitutes,
Newspaper records, family surnames, church records, military muster
rolls, census records, land records, American Genealogy, Canadian
Genealogy, Orphan records, Naturalization records, death records and
2. Loyalist Books
3. General Links
- Bill Martin's Genealogy Site –
This is an accumulation of helpful sites for genealogical
- Canadian Digital Atlas –
"The County Atlas Digital Project is a searchable database of the
property owners' names which appear on the township maps in the county
atlases. Township maps, portraits and properties have been scanned, with
links from the property owners' names in the database."
- Canadian Genealogy and History Links –
This site links to historical sites for each of the provinces, as well
as personal pages, archives, census, cemeteries, history, loyalist,
military, organizations, and other useful links.
- Global Genealogy: Everything
for the Family Historian –
This links to books, maps and other resources on Canadian genealogy and
If you would like information about the
Edmonton Branch of UEL, or have any questions, please contact us at UEL.Edmonton@gmail.com.
Last updated: August 27, 2013