no frames version
Arranging conditions to expedite learning
Celeration Technologies is dedicated to developing effective and efficient solutions to problems of teaching/training and learning. Our products and services are consistent with the following research-based assertions and observations:
- Learning ranges from the simple to the complex, and higher-order learning builds upon the foundation of lower components (e.g., Bloom (1956)).
- True mastery requires fluency -- fast and accurate performance under appropriate conditions (e.g., Binder (1996)).
- Deliberate practice of component skills are requisite to mastery and expert performance (e.g., Ericsson, Krampe, & Tesch-Romer (1993)).
- Absent or weak component skills limit mastery of higher-order skills while fluent component skills facilitate higher level learning (e.g., Johnson & Layng (1992)).
- Instructors can arrange conditions so that learners practice and receive feedback on relevant skills, building from simple to complex repertoires (e.g., Beneke (1991); Polson (1995)).
Site last updated January 4, 2003
We welcome your comments
[ Software ]
[ Consulting ]
[ References ]
[ Glossary ]
[ Links ]
[Contact Us ]
[ Support ]