HELP, Errors, UPDATES & CORRECTIONS
April 2009, Major Update:
*750 New headstamp pics and pics to replace B&W and missing Drawings
* More detailed company info on 200+ Headstamps
* 30 headstamps that were unknown, now identified.
*Swiss and Norma Year Code charts
*300+ All NEW Headstamps Listings Added
Norma Military Markings: Year Codes, Case codes and Manufacture codes added. 1961-1991
Over 400 new cartridge photos added.
300 chart listings updated with more data.
120 New Cartridge measurements Added.
Aug 2011-Feb 2012
121 New headstamps, 7 new cartridges added to Measurement Guide. Replacement photos of better quality added (300+)
March 18, 2012
143 New Headstamps, 142 replacement headstamps. 13 new cartridges added to Measurement Guide. 186 new/replacement photos.
March 31, 2012
All font sizes on the Measurement Guide will be increased from 10 to 12.
June 30, 2012
35 New headstamps, 7 new cartridges in measurement guide. Various Background color changes.
July 7, 2012
All programs under went a Major Facelift with New page back grounds, new index's and changed colors.
March 26, 2011
16 New Headstamps, 52 replacement photos.
December 18, 2011
All font sizes, 3 new headstamps
March 18, 2012
17 new headstamps added. 56 replacement headstamps. 12 new cartridges to the Measurement Guide and more than 100 new/replacement cartridge photos added to the measurement section.
June 30, 2012
23 new headstamps
July 7, 2012
All programs under went a Major Facelift with New page back grounds, new index's and changed colors. 12 new headstamps added.
1) Insert CD/DVD
2) Wait for the CD to launch on its own and ask to "View files on CD/DVD" or "Install EXE"
3) Choose Install exe.
4) Windows may ask if you will "Allow" the software so choose Allow.
5) Hit Next on menu command
6) Choose Yes to accept License
7) Hit Next to allow the CD to copy files to: C\Program Files\VVHP\HeadstampGuide
8) will ask can create Directories. Choose YES
9) Choose Install
10) Next step will take 3-7 mins depending upon your PC. 2 Bars show while it installs. there are lots of graphics so it can take awhile...It may often say "click to Install' but you ill see "Install" is Grayed out ...just ignore it. While this 3-7 min process runs there is nothing more you need to do.
11) Installation will finish on its own, and ask you to choose END
12) A screen will appear with two icons...One says "Uninstall Hyperpublish" and the other "Visual Vision Hyper Publish".
13) Click on Visual Vision Hyper Publish and this will launch your software.
Once it is launched you can choose file open and select from Headstamp guide, measurement Guide and rimfire guide if you have purchased that one.
If you do not remember how to access the files once installed...go to start, program, program files and you will see the directory VVHP. Click on that file and choose headstamp guide. You may click on any of the black icons to launch...iper3rd is the main launch exe. But you can choose the file names such as Headstamp guide to launch CF headstamp guide, measurement guide to launch measurement guide or if you have it ,rimfire guide will launch rimfire guide..
I recommend to right click the iper3rd.exe file and choose create shortcut to put on PC main menu so you can have the quick launch on your desktop.
No need to keep inserting the CD/DVD to use the program, it will install to your hard drive.
There is also a de-install icon in the same place should you need to delete the program and re-install later.
If the CD/DVD goes through Installation but can not complete, this is a conflict with software on your system that you will need to fix.
FINDING Rimfire Guide & Centerfire Measurement Guide on Your PC:
If you ordered both the Headstamp
Guide and the Rimfire Guide. To access which ever data base you want, such as
Rimfire, Measuremenet or Headstamp Guide, ,all
have to do is go to the word "file" on the top left of the program and
open "measurement guide" "headstamp Guide" or "Rimfire" in the directory of
where the software is installed on your PC. Usually defaults to there anyways.
C\Program Files\VVHP. If you can
not find it right away, it may be located under "f". It is that simple. The
program will automatically start which ever file you last used.
ThThis past year there have been 7 major updates to the centerfire and measurement guides as many new cartridges have been discovered as well as some errors corrected. There will always be some updates as we constantly research data and find new cartridges and headstamps. It is recommended to check this website periodically to see if there are updates.
1) NEW CD/DVD with updates: Want a Free CD/DVD update? Send back your CD/DVD with $4 in North America, $6 International, to cover return shipping, a new DVD and case as well as packaging. You will only need to re-install CD/DVD for the updates. Your program will still work while you are waiting for the new edition CD/DVD.
2) Online updates Via email absolutely FREE. (Through a secure and trusted third party host). Once I receive an email from you requesting an update, I will send via a third party company. You will receive an email with a link to download the file...It can take awhile to download as the program is 3x larger than it was 1 year ago but still quicker than mail. Hundreds of people have used it and love it.
1) email address to send updates to
2) What Programs you have (Centerfire Guide and/or Rimfire Guide.)