Descendants of James Rusk
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES1 RUSK was born in Ireland. He married ANN.
Notes for JAMES RUSK:
The following is a brief outline of four Rusk men. Their lives seemed to entwine around one anothers so much that we a fairly certain that they are brothers. Until we uncover information to dispute this assumption, we will consider them a family unit.
Children of JAMES RUSK and ANN are:
i. JAMES2 RUSK, b. 1792, Ireland.
2. ii. ALEXANDER RUSK, b. 1799, Ireland; d. June 30, 1859, Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario.
iii. ISAIAH RUSK, b. 1801, Ireland; d. May 29, 1882, Mono East Prebyterian Cemetary; m. MARGARET CARRUTHERS.
Notes for ISAIAH RUSK:
Isaiah and Margaret had no children.
Isaiah's grave is right next to Alexander and Mary's, as though in a family plot.
iv. BENJAMIN RUSK, b. 1808, Ireland.
Notes for BENJAMIN RUSK:
No record of marriage. In 1861 Census he is found with James Rusk  in Mono Twsp. [ then in Simcoe Co.] along with Alexander  and Martha , children of Mary [Wallace] and the Alexander Rusk. In 1871 Benjamin is living with Isaiah and Margaret Rusk in the Cardwell District of Mono Twsp.. No record of death yet.
Generation No. 2
2. ALEXANDER2 RUSK (JAMES1) was born 1799 in Ireland, and died June 30, 1859 in Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario. He married MARY WALLACE April 11, 1828 in Toronto Twsp., Peel County, Ontario, daughter of JOHN WALLACE and JANE BELL.
More About ALEXANDER RUSK:
Fact 1: 1823, Emigrated to Ontario.
Marriage Notes for ALEXANDER RUSK and MARY WALLACE:
Marriage record was as follows:
Alexander RUSH to Marry Wallis, signed Wallace, both opf Toronto Twsp., daughter of John Wallis, 11 April 1828 by Licence. Rev Harris. Wit. Robert McCrary and Martha Wallace.
Children of ALEXANDER RUSK and MARY WALLACE are:
3. i. ANN3 RUSK, b. April 18, 1830, Ontario.
4. ii. JANE RUSK, b. June 09, 1832, Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario.
5. iii. JAMES RUSK, b. February 21, 1834, Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario.
6. iv. MARY RUSK, b. August 09, 1837, Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario; d. December 26, 1915, Adjala Twsp., Simco County, Ontario.
7. v. JOHN RUSK, b. May 08, 1840, Mono Mills, Ontario; d. May 31, 1913, Glenboro, Manitoba.
8. vi. MARGARET RUSK, b. April 05, 1842, Mono, Ontario.
9. vii. ELIZABETH RUSK, b. May 16, 1844, Mono, Ontario; d. November 10, 1918, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
10. viii. ALEXANDER RUSK, b. May 27, 1846, Mono, Ontario; d. March 22, 1910, Mono, Ontario.
11. ix. MARTHA RUSK, b. April 15, 1848, Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario.
Generation No. 3
3. ANN3 RUSK (ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born April 18, 1830 in Ontario. She married GEORGE FREELAND 1853 in Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontaio.
Children of ANN RUSK and GEORGE FREELAND are:
i. JOHN ALEXANDER4 FREELAND, b. May 29, 1855; d. September 01, 1862, Mono Twsp., Durham County, Ontario.
ii. ELIZABETH J. FREELAND, b. 1856.
iii. THOMAS J. FREELAND, b. 1858.
iv. GEORGE M. FREELAND, b. 1860.
v. MARY ANN FREELAND, b. 1862.
vi. ALEXANDER FREELAND, b. 1864.
vii. JOHN RUSK FREELAND, b. 1866.
viii. WILLIAM FREELAND, b. 1868.
4. JANE3 RUSK (ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born June 09, 1832 in Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario. She married THOMAS ALLEN December 21, 1860 in Presbyterian Church of Scotland, Mono, Ontario, son of WILLIAM ALLEN and SHARLETT.
Children of JANE RUSK and THOMAS ALLEN are:
i. ALEXANDER4 ALLEN, b. 1862.
ii. WILLIAM ALLEN, b. 1865.
iii. THOMAS ALLEN, b. 1868.
iv. JOHN ALLEN, b. 1872.
5. JAMES3 RUSK (ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born February 21, 1834 in Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario. He married JANE ALLEN December 21, 1861 in First Presbyterian Church, Mono, Ontario, daughter of WILLIAM ALLEN and SHARLETT.
Children of JAMES RUSK and JANE ALLEN are:
i. WILLIAM JOHN4 RUSK, b. 1863.
ii. ALEXANDER RUSK, b. 1865.
iii. SHARLETTE RUSK, b. 1867.
iv. MARY ANN RUSK, b. 1869.
6. MARY3 RUSK (ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born August 09, 1837 in Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario, and died December 26, 1915 in Adjala Twsp., Simco County, Ontario. She married ROBERT IRWIN April 17, 1859 in Presbyterian Church , Mono, Ontario, son of ALEXANDER IRWIN and MARGARET.
Children of MARY RUSK and ROBERT IRWIN are:
i. JAMES R.4 IRWIN, b. 1861.
ii. MARY ANN IRWIN, b. 1864.
iii. MARY JANE IRWIN, b. 1867.
iv. ALEXANDER WILSON IRWIN, b. 1869, Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontaio; d. November 28, 1873, Adjala Twsp., Simco County, Ontario.
v. WISON IRWIN.
vi. WILLIAM J. IRWIN.
vii. WALLACE IRWIN.
7. JOHN3 RUSK (ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born May 08, 1840 in Mono Mills, Ontario, and died May 31, 1913 in Glenboro, Manitoba. He married MARY JANE NIXON November 26, 1879 in Luther Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario, daughter of JAMES NIXON and MARY.
Children of JOHN RUSK and MARY NIXON are:
i. ALBERT4 RUSK, b. March 14, 1880, Mono Mills, Ontario; d. August 23, 1947, Markdale, Ontario; m. MARTHA (RICHARDSON) MIDDLETON, December 24, 1902, Markdale, Ontario.
12. ii. SERENA MAUDE RUSK, b. January 06, 1882, Mono, Ontario; d. September 05, 1959, Salmon Arm, British Columbia.
iii. LIZZIE MAY RUSK, b. November 05, 1883.
iv. MARY MELINDA RUSK, b. December 10, 1885.
v. JOHN GARFIELD RUSK, b. June 22, 1888.
13. vi. ELGIN WHITFIELD RUSK, b. October 02, 1891, Caledon Twsp., Peel County, Ontario.
vii. NORMAN ROY RUSK, b. December 09, 1893.
viii. LORENA PERAL RUSK, b. January 17, 1899.
8. MARGARET3 RUSK (ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born April 05, 1842 in Mono, Ontario. She married WILLIAM DONALDSON March 29, 1866 in Presbyterian Church of Scotland, Mono, Ontario, son of ALEXANDER DONALDSON and MARY.
Marriage Notes for MARGARET RUSK and WILLIAM DONALDSON:
Margaret Rusk and William Donaldson had no children. In 1871 they were farming in Notawasaga Twsp., Simcoe County, Ontario. A 10 year old girl, Maryanne McManus was living with them as well as 33 year old Eliza Moffit.
They were still in the same area in 1881. Maryanne McManus was still with them [now listed as 18 years old].
There is no trace of them here in Notawasaga Twsp, N. Simcoe County in 1891.
When Mary [Rusk] Irwin died - December 26, 1915; her obituary states, her sister Mrs. william Donaldson [Margaret] was living in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
Child of MARGARET RUSK and WILLIAM DONALDSON is:
i. MARYANN4 MCMANUS, b. 1861; Adopted child.
9. ELIZABETH3 RUSK (ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born May 16, 1844 in Mono, Ontario, and died November 10, 1918 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She married ANDREW COBEAN December 28, 1879 in Mono, Ontario, son of WILLIAM COBEAN and ELIZA JAMIESON.
More About ANDREW COBEAN:
Fact 1: Born in Ontario
Fact 2: Was a Harness maker
Children of ELIZABETH RUSK and ANDREW COBEAN are:
i. MARY ELIZABETH4 COBEAN, b. 1875.
ii. EMMA COBEAN, b. 1877.
iii. EDWARD J. COBEAN, b. 1878.
iv. MARGARET COBEAN, b. October 31, 1883.
10. ALEXANDER3 RUSK (ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born May 27, 1846 in Mono, Ontario, and died March 22, 1910 in Mono, Ontario. He married MARY ANN WALKER March 15, 1875 in Caledon, Ontario.
Children of ALEXANDER RUSK and MARY WALKER are:
14. i. ALEXANDER EDWIN4 RUSK, b. January 01, 1877, Mono, Ontario; d. February 10, 1949, Whitefox, Saskatchewan.
ii. WILLIAM HERBERT RUSK, b. March 14, 1879, Mono, Ontario; d. May 05, 1889, Amaranth Twsp, Ontario.
iii. MARY EDITH RUSK, b. 1882.
iv. EMILINE RUSK, b. September 23, 1883, Mono, Ontario; d. April 29, 1960, Whitefox, Saskatchewan; m. ROLPH REDDITT.
v. JANE ANN RUSK, b. April 28, 1886, Mono Mills, Ontario; m. R. ALEXANDER WALKER.
vi. MURILLA RUSK, b. September 25, 1890.
vii. PEARL RUSK, b. 1892; d. 1972, Toronto, Ontario.
11. MARTHA3 RUSK (ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born April 15, 1848 in Mono Twsp., Dufferin County, Ontario. She married JAMES DONALDSON February 15, 1872 in Arthur Twsp., Ontario.
Marriage Notes for MARTHA RUSK and JAMES DONALDSON:
Martha Rusk and James Donaldson were farming in Notawasga Twsp., N. Simcoe County in 1881. The census shows them with three children - William , Annie May , and Margaret Maud . They are not here in Notawasaga in 1891.
Children of MARTHA RUSK and JAMES DONALDSON are:
i. WILLIAM4 DONALDSON, b. 1873.
ii. ANNIE MAY DONALDSON, b. 1876.
iii. MARGARET MAUD DONALDSON, b. 1879.
Generation No. 4
12. SERENA MAUDE4 RUSK (JOHN3, ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born January 06, 1882 in Mono, Ontario, and died September 05, 1959 in Salmon Arm, British Columbia. She married ROLAND JOHN FENWICK March 08, 1905 in Glenboro, Manitoba.
Children of SERENA RUSK and ROLAND FENWICK are:
i. GORDON JOHN5 FENWICK, b. May 26, 1908.
ii. ROY LAIRD FENWICK, b. December 20, 1911.
iii. ALBERT ELGIN FENWICK, b. June 20, 1913.
iv. ALETA MAY FENWICK, b. December 18, 1917; d. January 05, 1997, Brandon, Manitoba.
v. IRMA MAUDE FENWICK, b. 1919.
13. ELGIN WHITFIELD4 RUSK (JOHN3, ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born October 02, 1891 in Caledon Twsp., Peel County, Ontario. He married ANNIE PRISCILLA DOWN, daughter of WILLIAM DOWN and MARY PARKINSON.
Child of ELGIN RUSK and ANNIE DOWN is:
i. DONALD WHITFIELD5 RUSK, b. January 27, 1922, S/E 1/4 16-7-13 S. Cypress Municipality, Manitoba; m. BARBARA LYNN ARMSTRONG, July 19, 1947, Whitefox, Saskatchewan.
14. ALEXANDER EDWIN4 RUSK (ALEXANDER3, ALEXANDER2, JAMES1) was born January 01, 1877 in Mono, Ontario, and died February 10, 1949 in Whitefox, Saskatchewan. He married LILLIAN ANN BROWN 1909 in Britannia, Ontario.
Children of ALEXANDER RUSK and LILLIAN BROWN are:
i. MERVYNE ALEXANDER5 RUSK, b. January 15, 1912.
ii. LINA MAY RUSK, b. September 23, 1913.
iii. HAROLD ELWYN RUSK, b. December 03, 1915.