|Documentation - AkelPad|
This page contains the most recent postings of AkelPad documentation. All documentation done "should" end up on the AkelPad site (see below) eventually.
Note: CHM (compiled html) help files are now zipped to avoid Windows® security problems which sometimes occur (eg. download file, but unable to view pages). If your system cannot handle zipped files, I recommend using 7-zip, an excellent freeware archive program.
(for AkelPad 4)
User Manual (English) v12.11.20 (AkelPad 4.8.0)
(for AkelPad 3)
User Manual (English) v1.2.7 (AkelPad 3)
- Normal version (514Kb) - download as zipped file
(for AkelPad 3 and 4) Plugins Manual (English) v10.02.22
- (796 kb) - download as zipped file
- ongoing work - incomplete
- 34 (of 41) plugins now documented, added LogView, Sounds
- updates (Sessions, Lines, Hotkeys, AutoComplete)
- note: some plugins now incorporated into AkelPad 4.4.4
Note: work has halted (for now) on this manual.
Write/edit/compile macros (for the Macros plugin) quickly without having to memorize keystrokes!
MacTool v1.0.0 (initial release)
- download as a zip file (includes full CHM documentation)
- version 1.0.0 is incomplete - normal decompilation is not yet implemented (other decompilation modes work fine). This feature should be fully implemented in the future.
MacTool is a macro compiler/decompiler for use with the AkelPad Macros plugin. MacTool can compile to a macro file from its own custom programming language; this eliminates having to re-memorize the macro if changes are made. MacTool is a command-line application, but emulates drag-and-drop for most operations. MacTool is written in Virtual Pascal - no longer supported, but a very good compiler for small (?) projects.
Note: This page is NOT the official documentation page. All up-to-date documentation should be posted at:
within a day or two of appearing on this page or being forwarded to Instructor.
Page last updated November 20, 2012